Sunday, December 03, 2006

Operations Outing Dec 2006

Ok...from the title, I think people reading my blog will know what kind of job that I am engaged in. Yeah, I am a Support Engineer at a local company...Today or rather yesterday (coz right now is abt 2am liaoz) is the much awaited...3-monthly outing. This outing is organised by 2 people who left our department on thursday for "greener pastures" elsewhere. This is the first outing with our new boss too, got invite the ex-boss who is the "mastermind" for this concept for the whole department to do bonding.

This outing, we had steamboat + choc fondue at Tho's house. There are lots of food for steamboat...like sausages, fishballs, chicken, beef, veggies, mushrooms and lots more...For choc fondue, we had strawberries, kiwis, bananas, biscuits and marshmallows...Meeting time is at 5pm...I reached at 5.30pm bah...Think food is ready ard 6.30pm or so. I am amongst the first batch of people to start eating...Sat down and start barbecueing the chicken, but due to the fact that there is beef and we are sharing the barbecue and soup, I have to cautious...because my religion forbids me to have beef. So, practically, all the 1st round ppl din take the beef. Paiseh hor, you all cannot eat the beef while I am eating. Think quite a few people knew that fact bah but dunnoe that I am quite particular about this and also the main focus is on being making the food halal for our muslim colleague. Then, I tink 7pm bah...more colleagues arrived, then the 1st round ppl start becoming 客气 and all started to stand up and clean bowls liaoz...Then, me felt a little paiseh and tink also kena chased off the table bah dunnoe by who, so I empty my seat too to make way for the 2nd round ppl. At that point of time, I only had like ate less than 20 items...stomach only 1/2 full nia...so right now, I am munching chips as writing...

Fondue started at ard 8pm...Ate a few pieces and then go off liao coz nt really into choc and by then more colleagues arrive too...so I juz leave and go find to Tho's room to hide and play MapleStory...Originally wanna to continue eating the steamboat, but beef held me back again...so as much as I wanna eat, I couldn't.

Overall, quite a successful outing I guess although I am not at ease with myself only...Tho is a very good host...Thanks a lot for ur hospitality...if got chance, we can go ur hse for mahjong session. Hehehe...ok...submitting my post now...Next few posts shall be on the eventful week I had...Pls look forward to them, 1 sad and 1 happy one bah...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry about the oversight on the beef part, my fault. Next time, I'll take special care. ;)

The "halal" knife is still residing in a honored place in my kitchen (ha ha).

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home