Monday, June 18, 2007

空城計

Quite sometime ago, a friend as well as mentor gave me some general advice...

Do not expect your friends to be behaving in a way that you expect them to be.
Because they too have their own thinking and mindset.
So accept who they are.

Today, Yong is back in SG after 1 week of work in KL. By right, I should be very happy to see him but when I thought of the 空城 that he left for me to guard, I can hardly bring up any smile. Last Friday, I made a trip to KL, thought of having lunch with him der...in the end, din even haf lunch with him coz I guessed they waiting for some 大人物 to have lunch together. Since I booked a cab for 3 hrs to enter into KL area, time was also up when 大人物 came out. So there goes my lunch...Actually juz wanna haf lunch with him only then find out how he is doing over there. So hard meh? Haiz...

Talking abt the 空城, I am even more angry...promises were given to me but all are "bounced cheques". Supposed to have handover one...now dun haf coz of Yong's involvement in the new project. Supposed to have 1 person to give walkthrough...still nowhere to be seen. Supposed to have 1 advisory to help me whenever I need...haf liao but she seems more busy than me...What am I supposed to use to guard the 空城 when there is not a single weapon is in sight. I am not "consultant-level" of person, so pls provide me a weapon...even 諸葛亮 also had a qin in his hand and a song in his head. Today went to a training session...I cannot even understand 1 god damn thing the person say...3 more weeks to go be4 i hit the ice-berg...3 more weeks to hit my tolerance lvl...3 more weeks to find a job...3 more weeks...

Sometimes, I feel like telling all this to someone close to me face-to-face instead of writing here...people like Yong and her...but the 空城 has strained our friendship. I felt very betrayed by him. How can he abandoned me just like that when he know that situation is so bad? As for her, I think she is juz happy with her own gal-gang bah...where got time for me? Sometimes I dunnoe what is up with those "all-girls" only thingy...Can't we guys contribute to a gift for someone whom we all knew??? Sorry arh...all-girls lunch...all-girls outing...all-girls discussion...all-girls trip...all-girls gift...all-girls gathering...all-girls...Why seggregate until such extent??? I cannot understand...

我很累...真的好累...好想一睡不醒...

3 Comments:

Blogger Light of Dawn said...

My friend, don't be sad.

1. Friendship and work

I would advise giving your friend a chance to explain himself. This is a tricky situation especially when there is work and friendship involved, but I hope you can separate the 2 and handle them individually. Tough, but a better approach. There could be some things you are not aware of which lead to his decision. This is work. Think about it this way - your friend wouldn't abandon on friend's terms, but in a working life, we are all resources free for deployment, aren't we?

2. All-girls

This is common, girls and guys segregation. It's hard avoid such cases from rising. But it doesn't mean you are losing a friend. For example girls don't discuss shopping generally with a guy, so this is often classified - "Girls' talk".

Just like "Men's talk", aren't you leaving out the girls too when you do so? If you consider it from another perspective, there is no right and wrong. Just a different side of view from another angle.

3. Work

I understand it is hard and iterating, though you have voiced it out to the respective parties. But if there is no action received, well, it's time to send another reminder. Where it comes to a client discussion, you need to be confident. If you feel you don't have this element right now, then you have to voice it out again to the right parties before it's too late.

Hope all goes well with you soon, take care my friend.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Andrew Tan said...

Yoz, dun think too much about the All-Girls thingy cos we also had the All-Guys thingy going on mah.

Remember those days are UOB when u, me, HJ and Spacey would even go toilet together and "Da Shui" together! The girls should be wondering what is the all-guys thingy going on with us.

Work wise well dun think can give much comment since I not as experience as you but take it easy and things will go just fine.

Something it is only our own worrying that makes the whole situation look bad. But in actual fact the situation is pretty ok.

Hmm guess you must be confuse now but hey dun think too much about what I say cos sometime I also make no sense to myself. Just remember take it easy. :)

2:41 PM  
Blogger computerpunk said...

Hang in there mate.... I believe reinforcements will come... Just that they are not within visible sight.

I believe everyone with a mind to think will know your situation, how it is. Hence if there is really a crash , there should be reinforcements. Besides, there is already a mention that you'll be extracted back to the projects that you have expertise in....

Hang in there...

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home